In this Code, unless the context otherwise requires:-
- Government means Government of India.
- ‘Director General’ means the Director General, All India Radio, or any officer duly authorised by him on his behalf.
- ‘Advertiser’ means any individual or organisation including a commercial concern which has offered an advertisement for broadcast over the radio.
- ‘Advertising Agency’ means any organisation which is accredited to, registered with AIR as such.
- ‘Advertisement’ includes any item of publicity for goods or services inserted in the programmes broadcast by the competent authority in consideration of payment to All India Radio.
- ‘Spot Advertisement’ means any direct advertisement mentioning products/services, their merit and other related details.
- The term “Sponsored Programme” means any programme material which is planned, produced and/ or paid for by an organisation or individual, including a commercial concern to be called “the Sponsor” for the purpose of being broadcast over the Radio.